Start time: 6:00 am
Cap: 75 Runners (men & women combined)
Starting location: Badger Creek State Recreation Area
- Thursday, August 31, 4-6 pm @ Fitness Sports Clive, Iowa
- Friday, September 1st, 5-8 pm @ Fitness Sports Clive, Iowa
- NO PACKET PICK-UP ON RACE DAY and any drop bags need to be brought to packet pickup. No day of drop bag delivery
Real-time finish line update – Click Here
Cut-off Times: Must finish under 8 1/2 hours to receive an official time and finishers award
Women: Kaci Lickteig (2021) – 4:23
Men: Daniel Jensen – 3:39 (2020)
- Aid stations at approximately miles 10 (crew allowed), 22 (crew allowed) and 27 (unmanned, fluids only and no crew allowed)
GU Roctane Drink Mix
SaltStick Electrolyte Pills
Chicken Broth (Only at mile 21 aid station)
Basic First Aid Supplies (Band-aids, Vaseline, etc.)
Portable toilets will be at the start/finish
Drop Bags: We allow drop-bags at any of the aid stations listed above. Run Management will provide transportation for drop bags to the locations specified for the designated aid stations above. This service is provided to aid crewless runners. Those with adequate support are asked not to overload our volunteers with unnecessary drop bags.
- Drop bags must be securely tied, labeled clearly with the runner’s name and entry number, and must be brought to packet pickup Absolutely NO DAY OF DROP BAGS WILL BE COLLECTED.
- Drop bags must fit through a 6″ X 8″ opening and can be no longer than 16″.
- You are limited to one drop bag per aid station.
- Please do not use paper bags, shoe boxes, or anything made of paper-like products. These can get wet and tear easily.
- It is imperative that runners do not leave perishable items in their drop bags.
- It is strongly recommended that warm clothing and an extra flashlight be placed in the drop bags that will be delivered to each of the night aid stations.
- Do NOT place glass bottles in your drop bags.
- The drop bags will be returned to the start/finish line area at the closing of aid stations when all runners have safely passed through.
- It is the responsibility of each runner to claim his or her drop bags. If you cannot retrieve your drop bags, have someone else do it for you.
- Drop bags must be claimed by the end of the event on Sunday. Any drop bags remaining at the aid stations following the event may be disposed of.
- DO NOT leave valuables in your drop bags.
- Pacers are not allowed
- Support is only allowed at aid stations
- NO OTHER SUPPORT IS ALLOWED UNLESS FROM A RACE OFFICIAL
Course Info (Course is subject to change depending on weather and course conditions):
- One 50k Loop
- 90% gravel, 5% level b, 5% pavement
Elevation Details: Elevation Chart
Cue Sheets: Click here for 50k cue sheets ***Please print prior to race day as these WILL NOT be available on race day or in packets***
GPX File: Click here to download GPX file