Start time: 5:00 am
Cap: 50 Runners (men & women combined)
Starting location: Badger Creek State Recreation Area
- Thursday, August 31, 4-6 pm @ Fitness Sports Clive, Iowa
- Friday, September 1st, 5-8 pm @ Fitness Sports Clive, Iowa
- NO PACKET PICK-UP ON RACE DAY and any drop bags need to be brought to packet pickup. No day of drop bag delivery
***Real-time updates at mile 42 and 100k – Click Here ***
Cut-off Times: Must finish under 18 hours to receive an official time and finishers award
|Aid Station Mile Marker||Cutoff|
|10||11:00 AM||50k Only|
|21||12:00 PM||50k Only|
|22||2:00 PM||100k & 100 Mile|
|29||4:00 PM||100k & 100 Mile|
|41||7:00 PM||100k & 100 Mile|
|50||10:00 PM||100k & 100 Mile|
|57||1:00 AM||100k & 100 Mile|
|62||2:00 AM||100k & 100 Mile|
|72||5:00 AM||100k & 100 Mile|
|83||9:00 AM||100k & 100 Mile|
|93||12:00 PM||100k & 100 Mile|
100k Women: Amy Ewing – 10:43 (2017)
100k Men: Mark Hammond – 8:14 (2017)
- Manned aid stations at approximately miles 10, 22, 29, 41, 50, & 58
- The aid stations at mile 46 and mile 55 will be liquid-only (Water and Gatorade)
- **100k and 100-mile runners will go near several convenience stores during the course of the 100k loop. During this time, you will be allowed the opportunity to make these self-supported aid stations where they will also have toilet services. These can be utilized AT YOUR OWN COST! Cash or card is recommended to carry if you plan on taking advantage of this for additional food/drinks as not every station will take contact-less payment**
Aid Station Supplies:
The following will be available at every aid station listed above:
GU Roctane Drink Mix
SaltStick Electrolyte Pills
Pickle Juice Sport (limited aid stations)
Chicken Broth (Only at aid stations at mile 30 and 42)
Basic First Aid Supplies (Band-aids, Vaseline, etc.)
Portable toilets will be at the start, mile 50 aid station, and the finish
**100k and 100-mile runners will go near several convenience stores during the course of the 100k loop. During this time, you will be allowed the opportunity to make these self-supported aid stations where they will also have toilet services. These can be utilized AT YOUR OWN COST! Cash or card is recommended to carry if you plan on taking advantage of this for additional food/drinks as not every station will take contact-less payment**
Drop Bags: We allow drop-bags at any of the MANNED aid stations listed above. Run Management will provide transportation for drop bags to the locations specified for the designated aid stations above. This service is provided to aid crewless runners. Those with adequate support are asked not to overload our volunteers with unnecessary drop bags.
- Drop bags must be securely tied, labeled clearly with the runner’s name and entry number, and must be brought to packet pickup Absolutely NO DAY OF DROP BAGS WILL BE COLLECTED.
- Drop bags must fit through a 6″ X 8″ opening and can be no longer than 16″.
- You are limited to one drop bag per aid station. Pacers are not allowed drop bags.
- Please do not use paper bags, shoe boxes, or anything made of paper-like products. These can get wet and tear easily.
- It is imperative that runners do not leave perishable items in their drop bags.
- It is strongly recommended that warm clothing and an extra flashlight be placed in the drop bags that will be delivered to each of the night aid stations.
- Do NOT place glass bottles in your drop bags.
- The drop bags will be returned to the start/finish line area at the closing of aid stations when all runners have safely passed through.
- It is the responsibility of each runner to claim his or her drop bags. If you cannot retrieve your drop bags, have someone else do it for you.
- Drop bags must be claimed by the end of the event on Sunday. Any drop bags remaining at the aid stations following the event may be disposed of.
- DO NOT leave valuables in your drop bags.
- All runners must have a reflective vest and headlamp on by sunset
- Small LED lights on any gear is highly recommended
- Pacers are allowed after the aid station at mile 42
- Outside support is only allowed at the aid stations listed above
- NO OTHER SUPPORT IS ALLOWED UNLESS FROM RACE OFFICIAL
Course Info (course is subject to change based on weather/course conditions):
- One 100k loop
- The route will run through 4 covered bridges of Madison County
- Surface: 85% gravel, 10% level B roads, 5% pavement